Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Secretary/typing desk

Typing desk open
Typing desk open  

Typing desk closed
Typing desk closed  
This desk has a stowaway typing table and a fold down lid which converts it to a normal height desk surface (30 inches).  When the lid is raised and the typing table brought up and locked in position, it is a height of 25 inches, which is more comfortable when typing.  There is also a small extension tray above the drawers which slides out for the steno pad.

There is a small brass plate tacked on the typing tray which reads:
    PATD. JULY 22,1902
    PATENT APPL'D FOR FEB. 28, 1906

I would appreciate knowing it value.  

Thank you for your time

If we could figure a modern use these desks like yours would bring higher but as for now about 350-400 is it when in good condition and tight.  figure it was made 1906-1910.

many times the typewriter companies bought these and put their stencil on them and sold them with the typewriters.  hopefully when it was refinished the decal was not destroyed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971