Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Secretary/typing desk

Question
Typing desk open
Typing desk open  

Typing desk closed
Typing desk closed  
This desk has a stowaway typing table and a fold down lid which converts it to a normal height desk surface (30 inches).  When the lid is raised and the typing table brought up and locked in position, it is a height of 25 inches, which is more comfortable when typing.  There is also a small extension tray above the drawers which slides out for the steno pad.

There is a small brass plate tacked on the typing tray which reads:
    PATD. JULY 22,1902
    PATENT APPL'D FOR FEB. 28, 1906

I would appreciate knowing it value.  

Thank you for your time

Answer
If we could figure a modern use these desks like yours would bring higher but as for now about 350-400 is it when in good condition and tight.  figure it was made 1906-1910.

many times the typewriter companies bought these and put their stencil on them and sold them with the typewriters.  hopefully when it was refinished the decal was not destroyed.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein