Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Sheet Music Cabinet

Sheet Music Cabinet
Sheet Music Cabinet  
This cabinet was given to me and I am taking a guess that it is a sheet music cabinet.  Is that true?   It is in pretty good condition and I was wondering how much it is worth.

Thank you!

sorry that i only answered the question you asked.  i will try to hone my telepathy skills.  :)

1900-1920 era

it is a sheet music cabinet, either mahogany or birch stained mahogany.  At auction I wuld have to give about 350, retail it would sell at 450 as shown.

this is a good one but it should not be set over the floor vent as it will cause damage to the wood.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971