Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Vintage furniture

Question
Who is Dx
Who is Dx  
QUESTION: I have a vintage bedroom set styled after 1830's-1890's set with pineapple posts, rolling pine with pineapple, and (?) ears in mahogany veneer. The knobs are turned wood. The chest is 5 standard drawers with small drawer on top. "Dx" is on back. Quality seems ok, but not awed.

Any ideas age and/or anything about Dx?

ANSWER: I would need to see the back to tell you the age, at first glance this looks like a reproduction from the first half of the 20th century.

Back 1
Back 1  

Back 2
Back 2  
QUESTION: I'll try to attach a picture. Anything on the company? I have this dresser, a vanity with mirror, and a full bed. I am trying to price these items for sale but don't have enough info.
Thank you

Answer
This is a reproduction from the beginning of the 20th century, this looks English made but could be American made, this was made in a factory and not hand crafted. I would estimate the dresser is worth under 200 dollars, if you are lucky. In England these kind of pieces can be purchased for around 100 English sterling, it is not rare, not the best quality and mass produced. I hope this helps you.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson