Collectibles-General (Antiques)/2 sewing stands

larger sewing stand
larger sewing stand  

smaller sewing box
smaller sewing box  
I have inherited 2 sewing stands.  I am attaching photos of each of them.
The smaller one is a table-top stand, with 2 drawers.
The larger one is a floor stand (quite heavy stand).

Would you know what era these are from?  Also, I am considering selling the floor stand.  Do you have an idea as to what I should charge?

Thank you, Maggie

PS  I am attaching larger photos this time.

please send multiple views to my email and include the original post so i know what i am looking at.

all surfaces including underneath and inside

thanks for the photos

both are from teh 1910-20s.

the stands would sell retail in a shop at 125$

the floor model is the more unusual and should sell easily in a retail setting.

i hope this is what you wanted to know.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971