Collectibles-General (Antiques)/What is it antique

Question
antique
antique  

antique
antique  
Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me what you think this antique is. I am thinking it has something to do with thread because of the fine scroll at the tip which looks like something very thin would go through. If you could tell me what it is and possibly what it may be valued at. it is heavy wrought iron thank you for your time.

Answer
Culture in our Amish Country
Culture in our Amish C  
Hi Joann,
I don't know why, but I have a burning feeling this was used somehow in agriculture or butchering. Was this piece alone or with anything? I will research a little and see what I can find out. If worse comes to worse, I'm going out to my favorite Amish friend's on Wednesday. I'm sure he'll know what it is, his family probably still uses one :)
Talk to you soon-

Brandi

AMERICAN ARTIFACTS
New Philadelphia, Ohio
WWW.ARTIFACTSOFAMERICA.COM

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Artifacts of America- Brandi Barkheimer