Collectibles-General (Antiques)/What is it antique

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me what you think this antique is. I am thinking it has something to do with thread because of the fine scroll at the tip which looks like something very thin would go through. If you could tell me what it is and possibly what it may be valued at. it is heavy wrought iron thank you for your time.

Culture in our Amish Country
Culture in our Amish C  
Hi Joann,
I don't know why, but I have a burning feeling this was used somehow in agriculture or butchering. Was this piece alone or with anything? I will research a little and see what I can find out. If worse comes to worse, I'm going out to my favorite Amish friend's on Wednesday. I'm sure he'll know what it is, his family probably still uses one :)
Talk to you soon-

New Philadelphia, Ohio

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Artifacts of America- Brandi Barkheimer

I can answer questions about American antiques from any era. I will be exceptional at helping with art, books, folk art, petroliana, electronics, primitives, kitchen/home wares and more. My favorite questions to answer will involve pop culture items, antique photos, advertising, toys and fashion pieces! My husband's areas of expertise are survival/utiliarian gear, weapons, taxidermy, oddities, militaria, and other man stuff. We like to answer questions with a he says/ she says approach, giving you a great yin and yang resolve.

I own Artifacts of America in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. My staff members provide my county's only antique house-call and drop-off consignment services. I have been buying and selling antiques successfully for 20 years.

High School Diploma, life experience

PowerSeller and Trading Assistant on eBay

Many wonderful residents of Stark and Tuscarawas County, Ohio