Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Buffalo platform table scale

Question
Scale front
Scale front  

Scale inside
Scale inside  
I inherited a Buffalo platform table scale that my grandfather used in his hardware store in the early 1900's.  He weighed me on it when I was a baby.  It needs to be polished up, but otherwise it's in good condition and has all the weights.  The serial number is 251813.  Rocky at Buffalo Scale Co. estimates it was born in 1917.  Can you offer an approx. retail value, and advice on ways to find a buyer for it?

Answer
Hi Carole,

Your Buffalo Counter Platform Scale was manufactured in two different capacities. It could be ordered in a capacity of 200 lbs. by 1 oz. or 300 lbs. by 2 ozs.  Retail value in the teens when your scale was manufactured was $16 or $19 depending on capacity.  Retail value might be $50- $150. We recommend trying to sell it on Ebay, craigs list or consigning it to an antique shop or mall in your area.  Value might be higher if you have proof that it was in a specific store.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning