Collectibles-General (Antiques)/dresser from my mom

Question
dresser
dresser  
My mother gave me this dressed. It was given to her from my grandmother. That is all the info I have. I know it is at least 50 years old, because Mom had it before she had me. I would like to know the manufacturer or at least what style and period this is from. There was another piece attached to the top when I was a child, but it was lost along the way. I would also like to give it a good cleaning, but I don't want to damage the wood anymore than it is. I would also like to know if it may have been in a set. Thank you for any help.

Answer
from the 1920s called colonial revival style

woods are mahogany veneer (striped wood), curly ash lighter wood), and a sweet gum frame and case.

it was part of a set and is an above average piece of this vintage.

buy toluene free Briwax in a medium brown color, wax the piece, use no oils!

without a label there is no way anyone can determine which of 5000 manufacturers made this.

it is a nice one.  wax on wax off!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein