Collectibles-General (Antiques)/dresser from my mom

My mother gave me this dressed. It was given to her from my grandmother. That is all the info I have. I know it is at least 50 years old, because Mom had it before she had me. I would like to know the manufacturer or at least what style and period this is from. There was another piece attached to the top when I was a child, but it was lost along the way. I would also like to give it a good cleaning, but I don't want to damage the wood anymore than it is. I would also like to know if it may have been in a set. Thank you for any help.

from the 1920s called colonial revival style

woods are mahogany veneer (striped wood), curly ash lighter wood), and a sweet gum frame and case.

it was part of a set and is an above average piece of this vintage.

buy toluene free Briwax in a medium brown color, wax the piece, use no oils!

without a label there is no way anyone can determine which of 5000 manufacturers made this.

it is a nice one.  wax on wax off!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971