Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Engraved Box

I have a lightweight wooden box with a woman and flower carved on the top. The inside is lined with a lightweight blue puffy silky (I'm sure not silk) material and the stamp FLEMISH 690 on the bottom.
Just curious about the origin.

Hi Melody
Nice to hear from you.
Here is a you tube for you to watch.
It will explain all about Flemish art..better than I could LOL.
Personally I love this type of work. I hope you appreciate what you have.

Kind Regards

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk

I can answer most questions about the repairing and refinishing of all your old furniture items (the things we call antiques). I can also give you advice on what wood items to choose and what wood items to avoid at auctions, flea markets etc. I DO NOT give appraisals on antiques as this is not my field of expertise.

I have been repairing, refinishing and of course buying old furniture for the past 30 years. On any given weekend I can be found at auction sales or flea markets searching out a good buy. I have taken several courses in this area over the years, but I find "Hands On" learning to be the best teacher. I can help you avoid the pitfalls and problems of this wonderful rewarding craft.