Collectibles-General (Antiques)/KAPLAN EARLY AMERICAN FURNITURE DINING ROOM

Question
Kaplan Sideboard
Kaplan Sideboard  

Kaplan Chair
Kaplan Chair  
I HAVE A KAPLAN DINING ROOM SET. DINING TABLE (2 LEAF), 6 CHAIR ( CANE SEATING) AND A SIDEBOARD.  PICS OF CHAIRS AND SIDEBAR ATTACHED.  THE SIDEBOARD HAS THE KAPLAN METAL TAG INSIDE THE TOP DRAWER.  CAN YOU TELL ME IT'S VALUE.  MY PARENTS INHERITED THE SET FROM AN ESTATE IN 1992.

Answer
Brian - The pieces you show are Chippendale style made anywhere from the 1930s to the 1950s. The chair is a Chippendale ribbon back chair. The sideboard is actually a server, a smaller version of a full size buffet or sideboard.

The server wold sell at auction in the $200 range, the chairs in the $50 each range. I can't give you a value for the table without seeing it. You can send clear photos to me as .jpg files at info@furnituredetective.com.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor