Collectibles-General (Antiques)/mahogany association

I was just given a table that was my grandmothers,  it has Mahogany Association #184. I wanted to see if this is considered an antique? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Hi Mary
Please see my answer to this question.
Also in my opinion, furniture made of this wood is tops.
It refinishes beautifully.

Get back if needed
PS..I consider this furniture antique.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk

I can answer most questions about the repairing and refinishing of all your old furniture items (the things we call antiques). I can also give you advice on what wood items to choose and what wood items to avoid at auctions, flea markets etc. I DO NOT give appraisals on antiques as this is not my field of expertise.

I have been repairing, refinishing and of course buying old furniture for the past 30 years. On any given weekend I can be found at auction sales or flea markets searching out a good buy. I have taken several courses in this area over the years, but I find "Hands On" learning to be the best teacher. I can help you avoid the pitfalls and problems of this wonderful rewarding craft.