Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Stickley Bros Open Hutch & Sideboard

Question
Stickley Bros Hutch
Stickley Bros Hutch  

Stickley Bros Mark
Stickley Bros Mark  
Dear Fred,

I have a Stickley Bros Co, Grand Rapids open hutch and side board.  The name/mark label is burned on inside of the left side of the left drawer. The other drawer has slots for cutlery. Please see photos of the whole assembled piece and the Stickley Bros burned in mark.

I am hoping you can tell me about this piece as I can't find it anywhere online.  I would like to know its age and value please. I think the wood is oak or perhaps maple.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jamie

Answer
Jamie - That burn mark, along with several other marks, was used by Stickley Brothers from 1899 to 1916. It was used primarily after the Arts & Crafts/Mission line of Quaint furniture which Stickley Brothers began to move away from as early as 1909 but before the production of European revival styles. That means your hutch was made 1910-1916.

It is made of birch.

It would sell at auction in the $400-$600 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor