Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Toledo Scale Circa 1900 Evaluation

Toledo Scale 415A Front
Toledo Scale 415A Fron  

Toledo Scale 415A Back
Toledo Scale 415A Back  
I have a Toledo scale and I would be interested in knowing its value and people who might be interested in acquiring it.

Toledo Made in Windsor Ontario, Canada, Design patented in 1900, Style 415A  Serial # 250948

Thank you,

Hi Michel,

Your scale was manufactured in the early 1900s for use in candy stores or at the candy counter of drug or dime stores. With its 3 pound capacity it is desirable to both decorators and collectors alike. It appears to have its original paint which makes it more valuable to collectors of computing scales.  Retail value might be $200-$450.  

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning

We can answer almost any question regarding antique scales of any type.

We are dealers in antique coin operated penny scales and parts. We collect antique scales of all types. Bill has been buying and selling scales and mail order penny scale parts since 1983. Jan started collecting small scales of all types in 1977. Our combined collection of antique scales contains over 2200 scales. We are the authors of the book Scales: A Collector's Guide and The revised & Expanded 2nd Edition of Scales: A Collector's Guide. Jan is the editor of "Equilibrium" the journal of The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. Our website is

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors, Coin Operated Collectors Association

Articles by or about the Bernings have appeared in issues of “Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting Magazine”, “This Old House”, "Reminisce", “Equilibrium” and “Country Living”.

Jan: BS FACS & Art University of Georgia