Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Vintage Midcentury Chairs

QUESTION: Hi, I was wondering if you know the maker of this chair? I have a pair.
The seat material feels like vinyl. The bentwood has some
wear. I'm curious of their value as well. Thank you for your time.

ANSWER: I have seen this chair before, it is Danish circa 1960, for me to give you the name of the designer would take a lot of time to research, It looks like Hans Wegner but I am not sure.  knowing the name of the designer would increase the value of the chairs.

QUESTION: Thank you for your response. What price tag would you give
These chairs without knowing the designer? Thanks again,
I appreciate your time.

If this were an unknown Danish designer that worked for a large mass manufacturing furniture company that was producing designs inspired by other designers around the same time as some of the great Danish designers, then this type of chair could be found in vintage furniture stores for 200 euros to 400 euros. if you find documentation of the chair designer from a 1960 decoration magazine then the chair could be worth 1,500 euros per chair and if it was one of the great Danish designers like Hans Wegner then it could be worth around 3,000 to  4,000 euros per chair.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson

I will attempt to answer questions about European Antique Furniture and 20th Century Decorative arts and Design furniture, including 18th century & 19th century construction details, style, period and the craftsmen and manufactures that created them, I will also attempt to answer questions about buying European Antiques and how to become a expert collector, my speciality is French, Italian, English, Irish, Spanish, Belgium, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, German, and Swiss.

Since 1995, I have been, a professional art, antiques and design advisor and earned an unparalleled reputation for providing select clients: expertise in making informed purchase decisions for antiques and art acquisition from a wide range of categories and eras. Architects, interior designers, decorators, dealers, museums, collectors and private clients rely on me for a wide variety of services. I specialize in finding and facilitating the purchase of some of the most notable pieces in the market today. And because I know the market so well –including the secret locations where the world's best dealers purchase their stock – I are generally able to do this at a significant saving of both time and money. My service includes: creating collecting and acquisition strategy including organizing personally guided buying trips throughout the International art and antiques markets, pre-shopping research, sourcing, analysis of markets, documentation and expert appraisals, handling, shipping and delivery coordination. In short, everything my clients need to be assured of the most knowledgeable, reliable, and pleasurable sourcing, acquisition and collecting experience. My approach is to offer maximum transparency. You can visit my website at:

Moving to Paris in 1989, I worked, for five years as an Interior Design Project Manager for Polo Ralph Lauren where I helped to plan and open more than 60 Polo stores and showrooms across Europe and purchased antiques for one of Mr. Lauren's homes and as a result I oversaw the purchase of millions of dollars of Art & Antiques, this experience gave a unique qualifications to understand the complexities of this market and gives me a rare insight into the professional antique & art market. I also have taught “Furniture Design and Style” at the IESA (Institute Arts Superior) in Paris. and have a personal archive of over 170,000 photos of Furniture and 160 hours of video of the major European art and antiques fairs including: Paris’s Biennale des Antiquaires , Maastricht’s TAAF , and London’s Grosvenor House. Some of these videos can be see at:

I have a prestigious international clientele of noted business and entertainment figures as well as some of the word’s most important collectors, References are provided for serious enquires.