Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique (?) Side Table

Question
Side Table
Side Table  

Side Table
Side Table  
Recently bought this table and unsure of exactly what it should be called, its age or value. Thanks for your advice - you're the best.
Thanks

Answer
this is a lamp table or side table.  the top is quartersawn oak or as some say, tiger oak.  made around 1900.  golden oak period.

it has had some abuse, the cuts in the top, but it presents well and has a super look.  i have to admit that whoever did the painting and decoration did well, made it look good.

if stripped to refinish the top and probably legs and bottom shelf would need to be treated with oxalic acid to remove the discoloration, but it looks good like it is.

what did you pay?

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein