Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Arrow Back Chair

Question
Chair
Chair  
Chair
Chair  
QUESTION: Found this chair last week; looked like something we had in our home when I was a kid. I think it has a lot of character. Wonder when it was made and the value. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Also, have another one I found but will send it in another inquiry. Don't expect an immediate response on either, appreciate your consideration of both.

Thanks,

Carole

ANSWER: this is a 1920s hepplewhite style chair made of figured birch wood.

dont know what caning costs where you are but here it is 3$ per hole in the sear perimeter.

single chairs dont bring much but this, as a desk chair would bring 75-125

Chair
Chair  

Chair
Chair  
QUESTION: Just wanted to comment on the caning. It's in perfect condition, very strong. See photos. The chair frame is a little wobbly though. Think I'll just keep it. Love the wood grain and the elegantly designed arrows in the back. Thanks very much.

Carole

Answer
the seat should come out if you decide to reglue the chair.  the screws under the seat rail hold it in and there might be two screws holding the back of the seat hiding under wooden plugs viewable from the rear.

probably cost the previous owner 150-225 to have the seat woven.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein