Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Babyville / Siebert baby carriage

Babyville carriage
Babyville carriage  

Babyville label
Babyville label  
Hi Ron! I see that you've answered a few baby carriage question in the past. I'm hoping you can help, or lead me to the  correct expert.

I purchased the attached carriage yesterday. The only  identification is the Babyville label, from Buffalo NY, and the Siebert hubcaps. I can't find any info on Babyville. Can you help? I'd also like to be a able to date the piece.

Hi Bill,
I would think that the carriage was sold by "Babyville" in there stores, sort of like how dept. stores carry name brands. I think if you were to research Babyville with a Historical Society or Museum in Buffalo, they could give you some info on the store such as dates of operation and locations.
I don't have much info on the cloth carriages but if I were to guess, I'd say it's from the 30s-40s.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Anderson's Restorations-Rob Anderson

We can answer questions about wicker repair and restoration, chair seating[caning-rush-splint-danish cord] , brass and copper polishing, veneering and veneer repair. WE WILL NOT GIVE APPRAISALS or answer "WHATS IT WORTH" questions. If you want a value, contact us for our current costs for this service.

Just entered our 40th year doing this work. We started in Fl and have been in NC for the last 15 years. We have a web site where we have alot of information about us and a blog at where we have many before and after photos of our work.We also are experienced in Fiat Jolly Seats and other automobile seating and work on Horse Drawn Carriage pieces.

Past president of a historical museum

Antique Shoppe Newspaper, Yadkin Valley Living Magazine, Antique Lynks Newspaper

Seminole HS in Seminole FL class of 1965 and some college before entering service. US Army

Asked to demonstrate seat weaving at the NC Musuem of History, Paleigh, for 3 days. Demonstrated at the Mountain Heritage Festival, Sparta,NC.

Restoring 35 pieces of wicker for the Governors Mansion, Raleigh,NC paid through private funding.