Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Bedroom Set

4 Poster Full Bed
4 Poster Full Bed  

Dresser & Vanity
Dresser & Vanity  
My grandmother gave me this beautiful bedroom set.  Full bed, Tall Dresser and Vanity.  I want to mention that the dresser has a unique curved built in storage unit on the top that is like a valet box.  I believe it's lined with a soft felt like material.  The picutures are rough, but hope you can tell me about the age, wood, value, etc.
Thank You,

woods are mahogany veneers, burl veneers, and sweet gum.  set from 1920s called colonial revival in style.

i cannot tell the surface condition from the  photos but is good clean, waxed condition with no loose veneers or areas of loss the set would price in a retail store at 1000$.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971