Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Berkey & Gay sideboard

Question
Berkey & Gay 1
Berkey & Gay 1  

Berkey & Gay 2
Berkey & Gay 2  
Recently acquired this Berkey and Gay sideboard (?) someone had painted white. Has a flip-up top and a tag on the inside that says "Berkey & Gay Furniture". Wondering where this piece was made, approximate age and what it's worth. How much does the paint affect the value?
Thank you.

Answer
1920s server or bar.  berkey and gay was located in grand rapids, mi.  one of the to pthree manufacturers in operation.

paint kills the value except to those who like to paint 1920s furniture which seems to be the thing these days, unfortunately.

in pristine, original condition this would retail in a shop at 350-400 tops.  as it is shown, half that at most.

it is an interesting piece, what is inside?

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein