Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Bookcase

Question
Bookcase
Bookcase  

bookcase top
bookcase top  
Is there anyway to figure out what timeframe a bookcase was made just by it's style?  There is no marking on the bookcase anyway.  It purchased it an estate sale for $40 and really like the style.  Just was wondering if maybe it was made in the 1920's.  It is about 5 feet tall, 2 feet wide and depth 10 inches.

Answer
sometimes you can tell by style but not here and not only with style.  you have to determine the wood and especially the backing and wood in that.  then construction techniques are considered along with the type of staining on the wood.

send another picture showing the back- from the back. at first look i do believe it to be 40s.

we actually have one like this in the shop for refinishing right now.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein