Collectibles-General (Antiques)/cane chair

Question
Cane Chair
Cane Chair  

Cane Chair
Cane Chair  
Cathryn,

I'm hoping you can tell me about two chairs I purchased from a
thrift store.  I don't see any labels or markings on them. They
caught my eye because of all of the detail on the front and back
of the chairs. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

Answer
Hi Darlene,

Your cane/wicker chairs appear to be well constructed and made using rattan pole and bamboo strips or slices, woven with cane. Most likely were manufactured overseas within the last 30 years, so are not antique, but collectible. With an added cushion, these will bring you several years of enjoyment, good catch!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

The Wicker WomanŽ-Cathryn Peters