Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Child's Rocking Chair

Child\'s Rocking Chair
Child's Rocking Chair  
I have a child's rocking chair with long rockers and I was wondering what the value was, who made it, and the time period?
There is no maker's mark on the the chair that I noticed.
Thanks for your help.

there were 5000 manufacturers in operation in the 1915-20s when this brace back rocker was made so determining which manufacturer made it is not possible without a label.

after waxing with toluene free Briwax in an antique mahogany color this would retail in a shop at 175-200 if it is tight.

this is a bedroom rocker or parlor rocker.

The wood was often birch stained dark mahogany.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971