Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Dresser

Question
dresser
dresser  

dresser
dresser  
I was just wondering what you might know about this dresser.It has this on the back I27I-WMB CUT-59.  It did have a mirror that had wood around it also, but sadly was broken in a move. But any info on the dresser it self would be appreciated! Thanks!

Answer
1930s.  called waterfall style by most because of the shape of the front of the top.

the veneers are mahogany and burl ash.

the hardware missing can be replaced but not exactly.  I think that WSI Distributors carries a replacement much like that.

as it sits it would sell at auction at 150.  restored in a shop with the mirror and original hardware in fine condition it would sell at 550 depending on the point of sale--type of shop/fancy or plain type.

the numbers on the back represent the style and colors and probably inventory and that would be proprietary to the company.

mirrors can be replaced but the cost is high.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein