Collectibles-General (Antiques)/A.H. Heilman chest of drawers

A.H.Heilman chest
A.H.Heilman chest  
Recently purchased chest of drawers at local yard sale. I can tell it is a nice piece despite the multiple coats of chipped paint it is wearing. A tag on the back identifies the manufacturer as A. H. Heilman Co. Of Montoursville, PA     I have not been able to garner much info on the company or the piece. It is a 6 drawer chest...4 large on bottom, two smaller on top, all with wooden knobs and brass keyholes. The drawer fronts are ever- so -slightly curved. Looks like it may have originally had a mirror attached to the top as there are two slots inset in the top, rear of the chest?
Any details you can provide on this company or their furniture would be tremendously appreciated.
Thank you.

some interesting things from my files.

i cant tell you the wood species on this one due to the paint.  oak maple or birch most likely and yes, it would have had a shaped mirror held in a wishbone style frame that allowed it to tilt.

restored and in one of the woods mentioned it would sell at 450 without the mirror.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971