Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Love seat

Love seat base
Love seat base  

Could you please tell me something about this loveseat.  It was given to me and I'm curious about it.  Thank you!

It is possible that when the fabric is removed you will find more wood like the front seat rail.

this is an eastlake styled piece made around 1890-1910.  The covering appears to be someones interpretation of modernization.  

I cannot see the wood grain but most all furniture of this style is stained walnut whether it is walnut, tulip poplar, birch or sweet gum.

peel the fabric and lets see another picture.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971