Collectibles-General (Antiques)/seat restoration for Stickley rocker

Question
Stickley Rocker without seat
Stickley Rocker withou  

Quaint Furniture, Grand Rapids, Mi
Quaint Furniture, Gran  
Mr. Klein,
I have a Stickley rocker that has no seat, just slats.  It needs springs, padding, and covering (upholstery or leather).  

The plate on the underside states:
"Quaint Furniture, Stickley Bros. Co., Grand Rapids, MI."  

I would like to have the seat restored to it's original state, if possible.  

My inquiries are:
1.  what would the finished covering be? leather or fabric? color?
2.  please advise me where in St. Louis, MO. to have Stickley restoration done.   
    or does it matter to have a Stickley restorer do the work?  would a reputable upholsterer suffice?

3.  once the seat is restored, what would be the value of the rocker?
4.  what is the age of the rocker?

Thank you for your assistance.
arlene

Answer
This label was used in 1902.  

http://www.historygrandrapids.org/article/2380/stickley-brothers-furniture-co

a good upholster will know how to do this and would research to see what was done originally.

however most try to make foam cushions and this would not be proper, one with a frame and inner springs would be proper in leather, dark brown or black. webbed, spings, horsehair padding.  there often would have been a back cushion as well that just lay in place no spring in this but padded with horsehair,  not always, it depends on the depth of the seat so you will have to determine the comfort.

chair would sell retail at 725-775 in a normal shop with the seat intact.  if your intent is to sell thin sell it as is.  an insurance replacement value would be higher times 2.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein