Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique wood vanity

Question
vanity table and mirror
vanity table and mirro  

vanity mirror
vanity mirror  
I have an antique wood vanity table and mirror. Very detailed, ornate carvings. I would like to know if you can give me any info about the piece and to see what it is worth.

Answer
Roxanne - Your dressing table is Rococo Revival style from the mid 19th century. However I cannot see enough details to verify that it is from the period or is a later reproduction.

The identical dressing table sold at William J. Jenack Auctioneers in Chester, NY in 2008 for $350. They label it as "Rococo Revival style" rather than simply "Rococo Revival." This usually indicates some doubt about authenticity on the part of the auctioneer.
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5577768

I suggest you have the item appraised by a certified appraiser in American antique furniture.  

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Roxanne - Further searching turned up another example of the same dressing table that sold at auction at Neal Auction Co in New Orleans in 2010 where it is identified as "20th century."
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7000938

It sold at this auction for $750.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor