Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Brass Hallmark

Brass Mark
Brass Mark  

Hi Brandi,

I am going crazy trying to find the maker of a brass cup.  I do not know country of origin. I seem to find hallmarks for everything but brass. It has the initials WMC and a full bodied lion. Hope you can help me.

Hi Joanna-
Those marks drive me crazy too! WMC probably just means White Metal Casting, which is the loose term for alloyed metal used for these items. The lion seems English. This link may be helpful:
You should send him a photo, he may be able to help!
Best of luck to you, sorry I couldn't be of more help-
Artifacts of America
New Philadelphia,  Ohio

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Artifacts of America- Brandi Barkheimer

I can answer questions about American antiques from any era. I will be exceptional at helping with art, books, folk art, petroliana, electronics, primitives, kitchen/home wares and more. My favorite questions to answer will involve pop culture items, antique photos, advertising, toys and fashion pieces! My husband's areas of expertise are survival/utiliarian gear, weapons, taxidermy, oddities, militaria, and other man stuff. We like to answer questions with a he says/ she says approach, giving you a great yin and yang resolve.

I own Artifacts of America in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. My staff members provide my county's only antique house-call and drop-off consignment services. I have been buying and selling antiques successfully for 20 years.

High School Diploma, life experience

PowerSeller and Trading Assistant on eBay

Many wonderful residents of Stark and Tuscarawas County, Ohio