Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Cass doll trunk

Question
I have cass trunk (14x7x7 inches) from the 50's/60's. I would like to refurbish it for my 5 year old granddaughter. The inside needs new paper covering as does the drawer.  It would be wonderful to repaint the outside pink with black edges.  Please let me know if you can help me. Sharon

Answer
Sharon,

Those Cass trunks were usually made of thin wood with paper covering inside and out. They are not really rare but are hard to find in really good condition and refurbishing it would not really be too hard or a bad thing to do.  Fabric can also be used on the inside and of course can be found in many colors and patterns. It would probably be something that you could try as it's not too large. If you are asking if it is something I could do, I'm sure I could.  You could email me some pictures and more information at Marvin@ThisOldTrunk.com

Thanks,
Marvin Miller  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller