Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Cass doll trunk

I have cass trunk (14x7x7 inches) from the 50's/60's. I would like to refurbish it for my 5 year old granddaughter. The inside needs new paper covering as does the drawer.  It would be wonderful to repaint the outside pink with black edges.  Please let me know if you can help me. Sharon

Those Cass trunks were usually made of thin wood with paper covering inside and out. They are not really rare but are hard to find in really good condition and refurbishing it would not really be too hard or a bad thing to do.  Fabric can also be used on the inside and of course can be found in many colors and patterns. It would probably be something that you could try as it's not too large. If you are asking if it is something I could do, I'm sure I could.  You could email me some pictures and more information at

Marvin Miller  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.