Collectibles-General (Antiques)/chest

Question
lid
lid  
date
date  
QUESTION: I believe what I have is an early 19th century Scandinavian immigrant chest...this is based on the fact that the lid was only crafted with two boards and the name on the inside is Scandinavian...I would love an expert opinion on exactly what this is and how much it's worth...Possibly a suggestion on who would purchase this in Ohio ;)

ANSWER: I need to see a photo of the entire piece to help you, I would also like to see a photo of the back or bottom. if this is a good piece then it will sell for more money to a dealer in New York or Los Angles. these markets are were the best pieces sell for the most money.

whole/front
whole/front  

chest
chest  
QUESTION: I loaded the main picture and the back/lid....it will only let me upload 2 photos per conversation but I do have a picture of the bottom and the interior as well. ;) ty

Answer
I do not need to see any more photos, this is a 19th century chest, I would suggest waxing the chest with a good antique wax that is brushed on then buffed with a wool rag. it will make this look more valuable.  The chest is a little primitive and it is not painted and it does not have any design details that show that it was made in Scandinavian, the size is also small,  so it will not be worth more than 150 dollars. It is not a easy piece to sell, The size makes me think that this is more of a tool box or safe box and not a traveling trunk.  I hope I was helpful.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson