Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Crocker Chair Co.

Can you please tell me the approximate year this chair was made?

What type of wood is it made from?

What is this style/type of chair called? I have heard 'bankers chair' or 'teacher's chair'..just wanted clarification.

The chair is in great condition..I think. The seat is smooth - no cracks or chips. Can you please tell me the approximate value of this chair as is?

Thank you for your time, and any information you may have.

to tell you the wood i need a closer, clearer picture showing the grain of the wood as they were made in oak, elm, sweet gum, maple...

they were office chairs and desk chairs in advertising catalogs, very well made and comfortable.

bankers chair, lawyers chairs, institutional chairs; any of these terms is correct but they restrict the actual area of perceived usage.

1930-40s + and - a few years.

standing buy for the grain photo

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971