Collectibles-General (Antiques)/desk/vanity

Question
Landstrom desk
Landstrom desk  

Landstrom desk 2
Landstrom desk 2  
Hi Fred,
I found the desk in a thrift store It has the Landstrom mark in the middle drawer. I did a quick research found nothing like this one. This is more like a primitive, natural looking (or newer perhaps) Landstrom furniture different than the ones that are fancy, in veneered darker tones. I want to refinish it and I would be very happy to hear more about this one.

Answer
Cigdem M. - Actually your desk used to be one of those darker tone pieces. It is from the Depression era of the 1930s veneered in walnut. The central drawer is walnut burl veneer. The doors appear to be striped walnut veneer. The entire piece has been stripped and bleached of its natural walnut color.

You have a blank palette to work with. Do a good job and you will have a treasure. Since it has no antique value anything you do will improve it.

Good luck.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor