Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Dial Face Watling Scales

I have a watling scales with dial face and need a lock for the back of the face and box for the penny's with a lock. The dial has questions for telling your fortune, Reverse painting on the glass. I have had the scales in an old Drug store in Virginia for over 10 yrs and would like to sell it but I know without the locks the price would be much less. I would take 1K as it is if you know someone that would be  interested. I can not take a picture of it at this time but will get one to you as soon as I can.
Thanks,Mr. Bill

Hi William,

Sounds like a very nice scale and I would love to see some photo's of it if possible, if you can email them, please email them to: You can post this for sale on my forum if you like for free and you can post photo's of it there, the forum is at: Or if you like just go to the web site at: and you can reach it though there. Yes having the original locks on the machine would make it more desirable and very could add or take away from the final selling price of it but I wouldn't think it would make difference of a hundred bucks either way. I suggest you try Bill and Jan Bering here at allexperts as they are the scale experts being in the business for many-many years and even having make a book on scales. I know Bill has some lock parts as I have dealt with him on several occasions regarding scales. So he may be able to help you with parts and knowledge regarding scales as he is much more qualified on scales then I am.

Thank You

Rodger Knutson  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.