Collectibles-General (Antiques)/gold embossed red leather top game table

red table top
red table top  

table top
table top  
I sent a prevoius request and attempted to send more pictures via email and ran into tech problems i think. I dont know if you recieved either emails.
so i went and turned the table over, not easy where it is. A label on the bottom says:
Town house furniture
Barnard & Simmons Co.
No 5313 Tb1
finish Stratford
UPOL Red Leather

The legs do not fold and the table is 30" x30" x 27 1/2 "high

Dawn - Barnard & Simonds was founded in New York in 1898 and moved to Grand rapids in 1959 when it merged with Michigan Furniture Shops and Stratford Shops. It was acquired in 1967 by Baker.

The table has Chippendale style Marlborough legs with block feet. The table appears to be from the 1940s and would sell at auction in the $100 or less range.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida