Collectibles-General (Antiques)/marietta childs rocking chair

marietta childs rocker
marietta childs rocker  

childs rocker
childs rocker  
I bought this in an estate sale and cannot find any information on this. I know the company is in Ohio. Any info and what it may be worth would be wonderful it is in good shape except for the material on the front at the bottom. Thank you for your time

Tim - Your chair is pre 1950, probably mid 1930s to late 1940s, made of birch with a walnut finish. I have no information about the company.

In its current condition, upholstery and finish issues, it would sell at auction in the $25-$50 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida