Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Side table

Hello, my dad acquired this table in the mid-late 70s from and estate. I don't see anything really "distinguishing" about it other than the carved "feet". Could you please tell us about the origin, material, style, and value of this table? Thank you!

sheraton and duncan phyfe style made in the early 1940s.  mahogany veneer and sweet gum woods.

Without a label there is no way anyone can determine where this was manufactured other than in the USA.

condition is a most important factor in value and the condition is poor.  

restored it would sell retail in a shop at 175$-200, as is about 25-35$

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971