Collectibles-General (Antiques)/square steamer type trunk

Just thought the lable found inside may help date the trunk.Thanks again,Marvin.Sincerly Aggie

Simons Trunk Label
Simons Trunk Label  

Simons Metal Plate
Simons Metal Plate  
Hi Aggie,
Not really in this case because that is a typical label and was probably used for many years.  Some labels have more specific information that can help date the trunk, but not always. There is very little information available on most trunk companies, including their labels. What does help date the trunk is the hardware, lock, etc. that was used, which indicates your trunk is probably mid 1890's to about 1915. It is usually not possible to narrow it down more than that because the same styles were made for many years and without a specific date on the trunk it can be from any time during that period.  
Marvin Miller

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.