Collectibles-General (Antiques)/williams-kimp sideboard

round seal
round seal  
can you tell me the value of this piece?Or any history.

condition is everything.

the company built federal style reproductions and were bought by Baker in 1948.  this label was used from 1949 into the 1960s so i will have to see more pictures to date it.

a picture of the underneath (outside) of a drawer and the hole it comes out of will help.
are there any markings on the back?

regardless of the age, whether it is 1950 or 1960 the resale value is low since there is so much to be done to get this back right.  There are multiple veneer problems to be addressed and it would cost much more that the end price to restore.  it is a shame since it was such a finely make piece at one time.

restoration alone if done properly would cost around 3000$ and the piece then would sell at about 1500.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971