Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wolverine Brand

Question
I recently purchased an antique trunk from a barn sale in Northern Michigan and stumbled upon a steamer trunk with an original sticker that says "Wolverine Brand." The trunk came with it's two original Everlasting keys and lock set, all in working condition, but was missing its inner tray.  I can't find any information of the "Wolverine Brand" and I was curious about it's origins, and perhaps, the age and market price of my trunk.

Answer
Rachael,

I currently do not have any specific information on the Wolverine Brand of trunks. But from my research on trunks over many years I know there were trunk companies in every area of the United States at one time or another. I expect those were made up in Northern Michigan based on the name and I expect that they made a variety of trunk styles as most companies did. Many of the trunk makers used the Everlasting locks and several other brands.  Since there were so many styles and models made over a long period of time I would still need to see some pictures in order to help determine the age or approximate value of your trunk. Market value on trunks is based on the style, condition, rarity, completeness, age, size and other factors.  If you want you can send a couple pictures here or you can send some to my directly at Marvin@ThisOldTrunk.com   

Marvin  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller