Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Albert Rosenhain Trunk Key

I saw the posting by Helen from earlier this month (I think).  I have exactly the same issue -- same lock, same lack of key.  I am hoping to learn from her whether she managed to find a working key for this lock -- Albert Rosenhain steamer trunk, ca.1934, from Berlin, Horseshoe with simple S inside and Star between the horseshoe ends, and DEP just below the design.  The code 533 is just below the key hole.
Thank you.

Hello Stephen,

I didn't hear back from her if she was able to find a key or not. I can only give the same suggestion that I gave her, that you try contacting Micheal Gallagher at Island Trunk Shop which is listed online and he has the largest selection of trunk keys that I have found. He may be able to help, especially if you can provide him a picture of the lock. I can help find keys for the American made locks, but the European keys are much harder to find.  
Good luck.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.