Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Loveseat

Hi Mr. Klein,

Our mother-in-law has a second antique loveseat that we would like more information about.
Specifically, we would like to know the approximate year, style, wood type, where it was made, and fair market value for each item.

There are no labels anywhere on the furniture.

I've attached several pictures for you to view the items.

Please respond as it's convenient for you.

Brian McDonald

this is in th same time frame, 1900-1915, but is in the late victorian style.  more of an eastlake style.  i cannot tell the wood as i cannot see the wood grain pattern.  usually these are walnut, birch, tulip poplar but all would be stained a walnut color.

the pictured loveseat would price at 400-450 in a shop

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971