Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Sideboard/Buffet

Question
Buffet
Buffet  

Buffet2
Buffet2  
This buffet was passed down to me from my grandmother who thought it was old when it was handed down to her from her mother. She told me it came from England before the turn of the century. I am moving to Hawaii and my only regret is to part with this piece. I would love to know the approx value before I sell. It has hand-carved gargoyle type creatures on each end and the are different. It has one velvet lined drawer and curved claw foot front legs.  It may be quarter sawed oak?  Some of the brass handles have been replaced with plastic knobs.   Any insight would be appreciated.

Answer
It may have come from england to your ggmother but it is an American piece made between 1890-1915.

post a picture of the outside of one drawer where the side meets the front.

it is oak and some of the surfaces are quartersawn oak.

You should take it with you as it is a family piece left purposely to you by your family.  

In my shop I would price it at 12-1400$ however and individual cannot get shop prices for various reasons.  an auction price would be around 800.  Yes, you will see similar ones priced higher but we are talking reality for an individual seller here.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein