Collectibles-General (Antiques)/bally model 922

Hi Roger, I just purchased a bally 25 cent 3 reel model was working fine, then we loaded it up in my van and moved it to its new home..the tilt light is on and she wont work..its a 1-3 coin, pays on center line machine..the tag on the handle side says9/4/74   922-f  5lp-876..when I transported this I took out the hopper and reel assemblies and laid it down on its back..i did this before and didn't have any problems..i cant find a tilt mechanism or a reset for it..

Hi Jim,

This is odd.......... I would not worry about the tilt light as these E/M's (if it is an E/M electro/mechanical) usually reset them-selfs on the next play. So, what happens when you try to put a coin in it? Is it accepted, does it get returned, or nothing? I am assuming that this is an e/m slot meaning and it does not have any circuit boards in it... right? or does it? After reading the year you say it is, it is possible that this is an E series 922 and if so, it will have circuit boards in it. In that case, on the coin hopper you will see a circuit board, and at the top of that are two red buttons. One button is a reset button, and you want to push that one to reset it. On "E" machines, you want to always write down the error code it shows you on the winner paid meeter, before opening the door. Once the door is opened, the error code will go away and be replaced with a 50 code, which is a door opened code. So the only way you will know what went wrong with it is to get the error code written down before opening the door as then you will get a 50 code which will stay there until the next play. Please wright back with any additional information like if it has circuit boards or not.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.