Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Ceramic/pottery platter

Question
Top view
Top view  

underside
underside  
Hi Dennis

My Mom has a ceramic platter in beige with blue pattern detail inside, on the top side of the lip and underneath the lip.  We cannot make out the manufacturers stamp underneath. As memory serves, the piece could be 250-300 years old, but really not too sure.  Winder of you have any insight into its value and origins? It is flawless, no chips, cracks and the paint work still in good condition, probably hand-painted. Many thanks and take care.

Kind regards
Craig

Answer
Craig,

Thanks for the question.  The piece you've sent me a photo of is a piece called "Ironstone" with a blue transferware pattern, which was applied and not hand-painted.  Ironstone was generally made in England in the 1800's, most likely in your case, the mid-to-late 1800's.  I would place the value in the $175 - $250 range given the size and the excellent condition.  To an advanced collector, the actual value might be higher than I've targeted, but it's certainly somewhere in that ballpark.

Thanks again.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach