Collectibles-General (Antiques)/dresser

legs and feet of dresser
legs and feet of dress  
I have a dresser I got at a flea market in Los Angeles a few years ago. Was wondering if you could tell what era/decade it came from and/or what style it's in? Thank you so much!

Hi Cecily
Nice to hear from you.
These dressers are very common. Lots around.
Veneer faces on the drawers.
From the 1940's.
I much prefer these old pieces to the new crap they make today.
If you plan on redoing it, get back to me.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk

I can answer most questions about the repairing and refinishing of all your old furniture items (the things we call antiques). I can also give you advice on what wood items to choose and what wood items to avoid at auctions, flea markets etc. I DO NOT give appraisals on antiques as this is not my field of expertise.

I have been repairing, refinishing and of course buying old furniture for the past 30 years. On any given weekend I can be found at auction sales or flea markets searching out a good buy. I have taken several courses in this area over the years, but I find "Hands On" learning to be the best teacher. I can help you avoid the pitfalls and problems of this wonderful rewarding craft.