Collectibles-General (Antiques)/ellis island trunk

I have my parent's trunk that they brought from Poland/Germany (1950s) through Ellis Island. I was going to refinish it but wanted to know if there was any value to it before starting. It has my father's original printing,solid wood with, brown color, metal fasteners.

Would you be able to email a few pictures of the trunk and then I will see if there is something I can tell you about it.  If you want you can email pictures to me at  From the description I'm not really able to answer your question.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.