Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Elmira dining table

Elmira Table
Elmira Table  

Elmira Table Leaves
Elmira Table Leaves  
I have an oak dining room table with 3 leaves in an original wooden casing with a tag marked Elmira Table Co. Manufactures of dining Tables Elmira, New York.  This table was my grandfathers.  I am curious as to the value of the table.  In good condition although I think it was refinished on the top.  Attached pictures.  Thanks so much.  Kate

Nice table, i think it has all been refinished at some time or at least so well kept is looks like it.

probably 44 inches square or close.  in a shop with everything tight and leaves flat and tightly fitted it would sell at a high of around 1200.  in what we call estate condition or found condition at auction 3-500$.

made about 1900.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971