Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Identify/Age bedroom set

First let me admit to violating one of your instructions. I have included cell phone photo's because I currently have no access to another camera. If you cannot work with these photo's, simply let me know. I should have access to my 35mm by the time you reply.

This bedroom set has been owned by my grandmother since before I was born and that was 1951. I am curious as to its real age, manufacture and of course value. I realize without better quality photo's you might not be able to give value. However, there should be enough to determine who, what, where and when. The stool under the vanity has been recovered.

Thank you for any assistance.

since in the 1930s there were about 5000 furniture manufacturers in operation without a label no one can tell you who or where.

when is easy, 1930s, what is  a colonial revival style set often called waterfall because of the curved top front of the dresser, vanities, chests and beds.  Many were made of light materials.  together they would sell in a shop at 500$

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971