Collectibles-General (Antiques)/a Kaplan table

Question
table top
table top  

tag
tag  
I am just wondering if you would know anything about a table that I found a few days ago. I have included some pictures to help illustrate some details about it. It is made by Kaplan. It has a tag that says "Kaplan Reproducers of Early American Furniture Cambridge, Mass." It is a mahogany 3-leaf table with brass (I think) claw feet with small casters on them. There are two letter number combinations on it. one is '321' it is green colored. the other is black and says 'D929.' table top measures 46x37 inches. thanks a lot for the info!!

Answer
Tony - Your table is a Colonial Revival reproduction of an 18th/early 19th century breakfast table. The sweeping legs were used in English tables in the late 18th century and became part of American furniture in the Federal period of the early 19th century.

The table is made of mahogany veneer on the top and secondary woods elsewhere. It appears to be from the late 1940s to mid 1950s. It has some condition issues with the finish and would sell at auction in today's market in the $100 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor