Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Little Mother Sewing Machine

Little mother
Little mother  
Greetings, I am a collector & restorer of Little Mother toy sewing machines. I can repaint, machine missing or damaged parts and nickel plate rusted components. In my search for info on the machine, I have not been able to find the color combination of the 2-tone model. I have the 2 reds, maroon and the blue. Can you tell me what color the 2-tone is?  I have found that there is really no consistency in color even in the common colors through out the manufacturing years. I've attached a photo of a machine I restored that was so damaged that it was sold for parts only. Thank you for your time and have a Blessed day. Bob Benedict

Hello Bob,

I regret that I cannot be of assistance to you with regard to color combination for the 2-tone machine.
I would like to keep your information handy though so that I may pass it along when a query comes in about restoration.

Would you be so kind as to provide me with your email address?

Thank you.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.