Collectibles-General (Antiques)/morris rocking chair

Question
Morris rocker
Morris rocker  
label
label  
QUESTION: Dear Sir,

We have recently purchased a Morris Rocker chair.  It is in good condition as far as springs and original hardware although it does not have cushions on it. It does have the Binghamton, NY label on it under the arm of the chair. It may have been refinished at sometime, though, as you say, not expertly.  We cannot find this particular type of rocker on any of the sites. We would like to ask your opinion of it and what it may be worth as far as what you can see.  We can provide more pics if needed.

Thank you for your time,
Jeff

ANSWER: picture of the base please, from the front and underneath.  

front base
front base  

underneath
underneath  
QUESTION: Here is the additional pictures of front base and underneath. Thank you

Answer
i have never had the opportunity to purchase one of the morris or morris style platform rockers.  this was made around 1910-15 and would have an in shop price, after cleaning and waxing, and having proper cushions made of 850-1100 minimum.  price is a function of condition.  Better condition better price.

The label was used from 1890 to 1920 but sources differ a bit in the date of usage.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein